Introduction to Dolphin Bites Piercing
Dolphin bite piercing is an intriguing and growingly famous fad in body modification. This kind of piercing has drawn the interest of people looking for a daring and distinctive look due to its peculiar placement and outstanding aesthetic. The Dolphin Bites Piercing is a desirable option for people who wish to show their originality through body decoration because it gives one’s appearance a touch of edginess and personality. This article will examine the appeal and issues with dolphin bite piercing while illuminating its meaning, method, aftercare, and potential fashion statements.
What is Dolphin Bites Piercing?
The bottom lip is punctured twice by dolphin bites. In contrast to snake bites, which are dispersed on either side of the lip, the punctures are near one another in the center of the lip. Depending on the intended appearance, Dolphin bites can also be positioned higher or lower in this area. A rare variation on the center lip piercing is a dolphin bite. Though many others exist, Dolphin bites are one of the more adaptable “bite” piercings.
The Procedure of Dolphin Bites Piercing
- Finding a trustworthy piercer is the first and most crucial step in any piercing. It’s only a matter of showing up for your appointment once you’ve chosen a piercer you feel confident with.
- While they set up, your piercer will review the procedure with you and ask you to complete some paperwork.
- When everything is prepared, they will invite you back and sanitize the intended piercing site.
- Then, using a medical pen, your piercer will mark the locations of your piercings.
- Before continuing, make sure you like where these dots are placed.
- Afterward, your bottom lip is pinched while a sterile needle is swiftly inserted.
- You can get the second piercing done immediately or wait a few days.
- The needle is replaced with labret jewelry as a last step.
- Your piercer will go over proper aftercare with you to prevent difficulties,
- Before you leave the store, be sure to ask any last-minute inquiries.
Pain Level of Dolphin Bites Piercing
Lip piercings tend to be more sensitive because of so many nerve endings in this location. However, the majority of the pain is caused by the swelling and throbbing that follows. Lips swell more than other places, which can cause severe discomfort in the early stages of recovery. Because of their proximity, you might notice more swelling with dolphin bite piercings than with double lip piercings spaced further apart. Stick to softer meals as your piercing heals because biting swollen lips is relatively simple. Selecting an experienced piercer will assist in making the experience easier; they’ll be able to complete the surgery quickly and expertly and walk you through it for a simpler time.
Healing Time of Dolphin Bites Piercing
Lips can take up to 6 months to fully recover. Usually, they do so in 2 to 3 months. Since it can be challenging to determine when a piercing has entirely healed and since it may seem healed before it has, consult your piercer before ceasing any aftercare procedures.
Risk Factors Dolphin Bites Piercing
Piercing a dolphin comes with a lot of risks. Here are some of them:
Discharge of Lymph Fluid
From a healed fistula, lymph fluid may leak out.
The swelling of the pierced lip can occasionally be extreme. To prevent any additional significant issues, you can go to the doctor or piercing master.
An infection may occasionally result in fever, a thick, yellow pus discharge, and red streaks radiating from your lip piercing.
Around the piercing, red lumps that may seem filled with fluid can form.
This piercing is unsuitable for people with allergic reactions to different metals.
Aftercare for Dolphin Bites Piercing
The recovery period following a dolphin bite usually lasts 6 to 8 weeks. If nothing has gone wrong, it can sometimes take up to 6 months for the inner side to fully recover. As a result, we’ve provided some aftercare instructions below that you should strictly abide by if you want your piercing to heal quickly and without any issues.
- For the first two weeks, twice daily, rinse your mouth with Listerine or Cepacol mouthwash.
- Use a saline solution to rinse your mouth out after eating and smoking. Add 1/4 of a teaspoon of salt to a cup of warm, previously boiled water to create the solution.
- Your old toothbrush will be filthy, so buy a new one with soft bristles.
- Clean the piercings’ front by dipping cotton balls in saltwater. To dissolve the crusting in the morning, leave it on the piercing for two to three minutes.
- After washing, use paper towels to dry the piercing.
- You should carefully cleanse your hands before touching the piercing.
- Eat cold items like ice cream, frozen yogurt, or crushed or chipped ice. Consuming cold foods will also assist in minimizing swelling, healing the piercing, and easing pain.
- You can also use B vitamins and a zinc supplement to speed up piercings healing.
Helpful Tips to Follow During the Healing Process
It would be best to take care of it as you recently received a dolphin bite piercing. We are providing advice you should remember as this piercing heals. These are listed below:
- Don’t smoke. Smoke is drying and hinders healing because of its overall impact. You can switch to an e-cigarette if you smoke frequently since they produce water vapor rather than smoke.
- Jewellery should not be twisted, turned, or slid to remove the crust.
- If you are concerned about getting an infection in your lip piercing, avoid applying oils, creams, ointments, or balms.
- Don’t put anything unclean in your mouth, such as pencils, fingernails, or other objects, for at least the first two weeks.
- Avoid attempting to remove or replace the jewelry while you’re recovering.
Dolphin Bites Piercing Jewelry
Most likely, a 16G needle will be used to penetrate you. A 5/16″ barbell is commonly used in lip jewelry designs, but the personal choice and lip anatomy may cause this to change.
Labret studs with a flat back are the most common jewelry styles for the dolphin bite piercing. You can select traditional ball ends or slightly more excellent opal or pearl ends. A lovely charm is another way to add some flair. Since they sit flush with your skin and won’t frequently hit your teeth, flat backs are advised.
Additionally, hoop designs can be seen in dolphin bite piercings. Like other hoop types, seamless hoops will sit flush with the lip and won’t get in the way, but captive bead rings can provide the same aesthetic with an accessible bead that provides further decoration.
After healing, rings can be added for a trendy appearance.
Cost of Dolphin Bites Piercing
This piercing will cost more than other single piercing types because you receive two piercings. Typically, you can anticipate spending between $50 and $100. The cost of Dolphin Bites Piercing also depends on the area in which the studio is located and the piercer’s skill level.
Make sure the piercing studio is tidy by going there in advance. Never consent to have a piercing gun used on you. The cost of the jewelry you select for this piercing will also be factored into the total cost of the procedure. The price will increase if you buy jewelry of a better caliber. Choose excellent titanium, 14k, or 18k gold for your initial jewelry.
- Furthermore, the cost would range from £45 to £90 in the UK.
- This piercing ranges from $50 to $80 in the US.
- In Europe, you may get this piercing for between €40 and €100.
Dolphin bite piercing is a fascinating type of self-expression that allows people to show off their bravery and individuality. This piercing has become popular in body modification due to its thoughtful placement and striking appearance. However, like any piercing, Dolphin Bites Piercing must be approached cautiously, ensuring the correct aftercare and hygiene precautions are followed. People can decide whether Dolphin Bites Piercing fits their unique style and desires by being aware of the required origins, process, and aftercare. Ultimately, this type of body modification enables people to express their personalities and personal flair.