An Overview of Angel Bite Piercing
Numerous people looking to express their specific style and individuality have been enthralled by angel bite piercing, a common and unusual body alteration. This eye-catching and seductive piercing is distinguished by symmetrical piercings applied to the top and lower lips and resembles a legendary creature’s teeth. Angel bite piercing, which has its roots in the thriving and always-changing body-penetrating subculture, has become recognized as a daring form of self-expression. You can trace its illustrious to prehistoric cultures where physical alteration had profound cultural significance. This type of decoration has changed over time, adapting to different cultural norms and subcultures.
Angel bite piercing now stands for the blend of custom, originality, and personality. Individuals express their different identities and aesthetic choices by adorning their lips in this distinctive style, which is bold and alluring. Angel bite piercing has become a well-known type of body art thanks to its fascinating past and undeniable aesthetic appeal, embracing the spirit of self-expression in a society that values difference and individuality.
What is Angel Bite Piercing?
Angel bites are a pair of piercings that penetrate through the upper lip. These piercings are positioned on opposite sides of the mouth, far enough apart to duplicate one another’s positioning. Because it combines the Madonna and Monroe piercings, which are named after Madonna and Marilyn Monroe’s distinctive moles, it is occasionally called a Madonna-Monroe piercing.
Procedure of Angel Bite Piercing
Snake bites, located similarly to angel bites but on the lower lip, are termed in contrast to angel bites. Both angel and snake bites are popular piercings, but we see snake bites more frequently because they are a piercing that is less detrimental to your oral health.
Every piercing session starts with a consultation where you can discuss the jewelry you want and the piercing you wish. You’ll also need to complete specific documentation, including a waiver.
Here are the following stages after that:
- Your piercer will use a unique product, such as a surgical scrub, to clean and disinfect the region.
- It would be best if you rinsed your mouth with an antibacterial mouthwash to eliminate any potentially harmful bacteria.
- They’ll next use a body-safe marker to mark the spots for the piercing and ask you whether you’re satisfied with the placement.
- Your upper lip will be carefully pulled away from your gums and teeth by your piercer using a clamp.
- The jewelry is quickly placed and fixed when the needle is pushed from the inside of your lip to the outside.
- Your piercer will once again clean the area.
- You’ll get aftercare guidelines.
Pain Level of Angel Bite Piercing
On a scale of ten, Angel bites typically register as a six; however, each person’s pain threshold is different. Your ability to tolerate discomfort and lip thickness has a significant role.
Healing Time of Angel Bite Piercing
Maintaining cleanliness is crucial for any oral piercing. Expect your piercing to be healed in a few months if you take good care of the piercings and don’t further traumatize the skin as it heals. Angel bites often take between 12 and 16 weeks to recover.
Risk Factors of Angel Bite Piercing
Any operation that punctures tissue carries some danger, and the placement of the angel bite piercing adds a few more potential complications to the list. These can be significantly reduced by using an expert piercer and adhering to the recommended aftercare. The following are some potential issues and side effects to be aware of:
If the jewelry causes too much discomfort during the aftercare procedure, a scar around your piercing site may develop. Even though it’s not necessarily hazardous, this will create scars near the piercing. If you neglect the piercing, it’s also possible that keloids, or an accumulation of additional scar tissue, could develop.
If not correctly cared for, all piercings have the potential to get infected. To maintain the health of your piercing, carefully and perfectly adhere to the aftercare recommendations provided by your piercer. Get medical attention if you have persistent swelling, redness, burning, itching, or severe discomfort.
Gum or Tooth Damage
The jewelry makes contact with your gums and teeth when you talk or eat. This may harm Your tooth enamel, leading to erosion and gingivitis.
Swelling is expected in the initial days. It may help to apply ice and sleep with your head up.
If you’re not careful, there’s a strong possibility you’ll knock your jewelry off the table or snag it. To prevent tearing, take additional care when wearing a jumper over your head, styling long hair, or having an exceptionally passionate make-out session.
Despite the minimal likelihood of this happening, it is proved through research that facial piercings are connected to nerve damage. The four study participants with face piercings experienced chronic back pain and eye misalignment.
Aftercare for Angel Bite Piercing
The hard work now begins because oral piercings can be challenging to heal. You may anticipate your piercing to be healed in 2-4 months, with the majority of the healing taking place in the first month, because the lips are a region of your body that heals very quickly. Your piercing will recover more rapidly the better you take care of it afterward. Depending on who you ask, different piercers will have different directions. Talk to your piercer about how to take care of your piercing because every piercer has a healing technique that works best for them and their clients. However, the steps taken to heal cartilage piercings are generally the same.
- First, be careful not to touch your piercing too much so that it may heal properly. It will take longer to heal and grow more prone to become infected the more you move and play with it. Always wash your hands with a light soap before touching your piercing to ensure they are spotless.
- If you see a build-up of dirt around the piercing, you can try to remove the part by gently cleaning around the jewelry using a cotton swab dipped in the salt solution. When doing this, always use a delicate touch and avoid moving the jewelry too much.
- Along with soaking, you’ll need to brush your teeth after every meal for the first two weeks, every meal for the following month, and then every morning and before bed for the next month. To do this, use a mouthwash without alcohol and swish it around in your mouth for a minute.
- Avoid eating spicy, crunchy, or acidic foods and other items that can irritate your mouth tissue.
- Stop the chew on gum, pencils, fingernails, or anything else that could potentially contain bacteria.
- Never engage in oral sex, including kissing, even with a monogamous partner.
- Talking excessively when your piercing is first developed might cause tissue injury and scarring.
- Keep utensils or dishes private from other people.
- Refrain from immersing the punctured region in swimming pools, hot tubs, or other water sources like lakes, oceans, etc.
- Avoid using alcohol sparingly since it irritates the mouth and can slow recovery.
- Quit smoking because it slows healing and raises the possibility of problems. If you can’t completely prevent it, make as many reductions as possible.
- Wait to take your jewelry off until your piercing is fully healed.
Angel Bite Piercing Jewelry
Labret studs are unquestionably the most popular jewelry item for angel bites. This will be the stud placed when you initially get your piercing done but be advised that the piercing you get will be rather long to accommodate the swelling of the lip subsequently. After about two months, you can swap the swell bar with a more typical-sized lip stud.
An alternative to using a stud is to wear a lip ring. This passes through the piercing and coils around your lip. This type of piercing may ultimately cause less harm to your enamel and gums. Your choice of jewelry comes down to personal preference. While many people like labret studs, I prefer rings!
Cost of Angel Bite Piercing
The price varies according to your location, the piercer’s experience, and the jewelry you select. These criteria determine the average price range for an angel bite piercing between $60 and $120.
Angel bite piercing is proof of the unrestricted creativity and uniqueness of those who use body modification as a means of self-expression. This compelling aesthetic, whose roots are deeply ingrained in history and cultural practices, has developed into a cutting-edge creative form that defies categorical limitations. Individuals display their courage, individuality, and readiness to fight social standards by adorning their upper and lower lips with symmetrical piercings that mimic the fangs of mythical beasts. An empowering procedure, angel bite piercing enables people to express their unique personalities and write their own stories confidently.
It serves as a reminder of the ever-changing nature of self-expression and fashion, showing us that beauty is found in human creation’s variety and limitless potential. Angel bite piercing will endure as a seductive and attractive type of body art if people want to make a statement through distinctive adornments. Moreover, it allows you to copy the style of two legends, Monroe and Madonna, simultaneously.