Keeping up with proper hygiene will protect you from infection risks and assist in quick healing. Some maintain that cleaning the fresh piercing with gentle cleansers is appropriate, while others maintain that the best method for cleaning it is to soak it in saltwater. Which one is the best choice, then? Let’s investigate!
To decrease your chances of rejection or migration, make sure you have a great aftercare plan and clean the piercing frequently. It’s okay if sudsy water improperly gets on your belly button as long as you simply wash it off with warm water and prevent rubbing the area with your hands.
The easiest option to clean your belly piercing is to soak it in salt water for about two minutes, then wash it along with non-bacterial mild soap and water to eliminate any remaining dirt. However, avoid allowing any soap to fall on the piercing when you’re in the shower, as this could dry up the newly pierced area and aggravate the piercing.
What Is A Belly Button Piercing?
A navel piercing allows one to identify them. It refers to piercing the skin near your belly button in order to wear jewelry.
Belly button piercings used to be reserved for those who desired to stand out as edgy, risky, or “not like the other girls or boys,” but they are now more and more typical.
Having your belly button pierced offers you an air of confidence and style if you’re wearing a two-piece bathing suit or want to display a midriff-baring shirt.
The navel is one of the more accessible parts of the body, so why not make it your own? Piercings there has long been a sign of identity.
5 Tips to Choose Your Piercer for Better Healing
It’s important to avoid using an amateur piercer. Professionally trained people who are totally dedicated to their craft should be trained as piercers:
- Ask as many people as you want to, family, colleagues they know of any piercers who are really skilled at what they do.
- All licensed piercers are not created equal. Choose the one from online searches and other sources and go there yourself if the suggestions don’t work. Learn about their qualifications, experience, and safety requirements. A professional will never refuse to discuss any of these specifics.
- Examine other people’s online piercing experiences. To discover what people have to say about the person behind the needle, read their Facebook reviews. Ask some reviewers their views of the service by having contact with them.
- Never pick a piercer simply based on cost. Saving some money is great, but cheap services could compromise quality.
- The salon you select should follow strict sanitary standards. If the instruments are septic or the area is unclean, getting pierced might expose you to infection and blood-borne disorders.
How Often Should You Clean It?
Without routine cleaning, it becomes infected since it is sensitive. Let’s explore:
- Experts advise cleansing the navel area once a day while it heals.
- It is usual for pierced sites to release a yellowish fluid that hardens into a crust. Even though it could be itchy, you shouldn’t pick at it.
- After cleaning with a sterile solution of saline or a basic liquid soap, wash the area using warm water.
- The piercing may fully heal in four weeks to a year. This cleaning routine must be kept up during this time to prevent infection.
How To Clean Your Belly Button Piercing After Healing in Shower?
When you wash your belly button after healing, you can clean your piercing as well (which could be every time you take a shower).
Saline Solution Use – Step-by-Step Guide
A saline solution is the best treatment option. You may make it at home by mixing two (one) teaspoons of sea salt, including one cup (or half a cup) of treated water (or cold, boiling water). Additionally, saline solutions are offered at drugstores and supermarkets.
- Pour the prepared solution into a bowl, then dip a cotton swab. Keep rubbing the cotton swab around your piercings until the surface is clean.
- Additionally, you can soak the navel area in saline water for ten minutes before washing it with clean water. Therefore, then use a soft tissue to dry the navel.
- The safest method for cleaning around the navel is with a saline solution. If it is not used often, there is no damage (more than two times a day). But it doesn’t remove oil from the skin, cream residue, or dirt.
- And that’s it! Just do this process twice daily. With little chance of infection or inflammation, you have a clean piercing.
Regular washing is required for the wound to recover more quickly and prevent infection. Over-cleaning, however, might have the opposite effect and delay recovery.
The skin oil can be eliminated by washing the pierced hole and its surroundings more than twice each day. It will result in flaky skin and extremely fermented holes in your body. Apply a piercing aftercare mist spray or wash the navel area with saline water if the piercings are excessively dry or itchy.
Can you get wet with a fresh, pierced belly button?
After getting a piercing, you should prevent swimming for at least 24 hours and better until the area is fully healed. It’s crucial to keep the piercing dry while it’s healing because there is a chance of infection.
How long after getting my belly button pierced should I avoid taking a shower?
Avoid altering your jewelry for at least 4 to 10 weeks, and expect to wait a year before going swimming or taking a bath. Wear loose-fitting clothing, keep away from getting ointment or other skincare products close to the piercing, and completely avoid your piercing unless you are cleaning it.
After two weeks, may I change my belly ring?
You should have no problems changing your belly ring as provided as you waited the necessary three to twelve months and followed the aftercare instructions.